Saturday, May 12, 2007

Longing

from an old journal entry:


Sam is messing around on the guitar.

I love how the strings vibrating makes sweet melodies…how they quietly mutter sounds even when fingers have stopped touching them…their voices linger, soft notes in the air, vibrating into my ears…walking past into my brain so that even when the temporal sound is gone, even the memory of the music remains vibrating in my mind’s ear.

I love how music reflects the vibrations of the heartstrings…how my insides, the real invisible one who is me is always reaching out to God cries like the notes from the guitar…how often I wonder if God hears…but just as the strings’ motions are deep within me, I must believe that God hears my soul’s movements…that he is listening intently to the harmony of the notes created by the vibrations of all his children, of all his creation…that even when we lie silent, the motion travels up to heaven’s throne…and he remembers us…and responds with his own notes…if only we were silent long enough to hear him…the intimacy we are seeking is in the love cries that float, vibrating from heaven’s heart to ours and back again…

If we dare to breathe in spite of the sharp pains we will find God and all his grace and beauty. Awaken, soul, and breathe, sing out. Light shines on you.

1 comment:

Subhlimin Ali said...

"Before its incarnation the soul is sound.
It is for this reason that we love sound."
~Hazrat Inayat Khan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"In the beginning was the word,
and the word was with God,
and the word was God."
~John 1:1